Florida Democratic Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, whose office equipment U.S. Capitol Police seized in a criminal investigation into congressional network security violations, admitted she violates official information security policy and blamed the House’s chief administrative officer for not stopping her.
In a May 17 appropriations hearing on Congress’ administrative budget, Wasserman Shultz said she had violated the policies “for years and years and years.” She also sought to find out how much House authorities might know about her internet usage, asking “Are members monitored?”
Police are investigating Wasserman Schultz’s longtime information technology (IT) aide Imran Awan for theft and funneling congressional data from members of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, Committee on Homeland Security and Committee on Foreign Affairs.
Yet Wasserman Schultz lashed out at investigators and changed Awan’s title to “adviser” instead of firing him after House authorities banned him from the network. She resigned as Democratic National Committee (DNC) Chairman in July 2016 after unidentified hackers accessed the DNC’s emails, which Wikileaks later published.
What is it about Democrats and security protocol? Wasserman Schultz admitted violations and then blamed staff for not stopping her! (I guess Clinton is not unique)
This is rich, folks:
- House Intelligence, Foreign Affairs Committee Members Compromised By Rogue IT Staff
- Brothers Had Massive Debts, Years Of Suspicious Activity
- …Secretly Took $100K In Iraqi Money
- …Owed Money To Hezbollah-Connected Fugitive
- …Received $4 Million From Dem Reps
- …Allegedly Kept Stepmom In ‘Captivity’ To Access Offshore Cash
- …Also Had Access To DNC Emails
- …Could Read Every Email Dozens Of Congressmen Sent And Received
- Paul Ryan: Capitol Police Getting ‘Assistance’ On Criminal Investigation
- Read the Court Docs Detailing Greed, Ruthlessness of Democratic IT Guy
- House IT Aides Fear Suspects In Hill Breach Are Blackmailing Members With Their Own Data
- Suspect Has Fled To Pakistan, Relative Says
- Wasserman Schultz Threatened Police Chief For Gathering Evidence On Her IT Staffer
The staffers fled to Pakistan, and God only knows how much classified info they took with them.